The EU has been regulating emissions from Non-Road Mobile Machinery (NRMM) diesel engines since December 1997 and the standards are applicable to several types of machinery, such as agricultural equipment, drilling rigs, bulldozers, fork lift trucks and mobile cranes. The standards were released in stages as follows:
- Stage I standards, which were applicable for engines between 37 and 560 kW, came into force in 1999 and were focused on PM; limits were intended to be reached without the usage of any after treatment devices (so-called ‘engine-out’ limits).
- Stage II standards were introduced over the period 2001-2004 depending on engine category, and also included emission limits for engines between 18 and 37 kW.
- Stage IIIA standards introduced a new combined NOx and HC emissions limit, together with a more stringent limit for PM within the 19-37 kW power band.
- Stage IIIB standards are applicable for engines between 37 and 560 kW, therefore excluding engines between 19-37 kW, which are no longer subject to EU emissions standards. There are very few non-road diesel engines with power bands under 37 kW and over 560 kW, illustrating that the EU Commission has chosen to focus its regulatory efforts where the greatest percentage of equipment can be found.
- Stage IV is due to come into force in January or October 2014 depending on the power band, and will narrow the engine power bands further, raising the lowest end from 37 to 56 kW. The new standards stipulate a more stringent NOx emission limit (at a similar level to Euro VI for commercial vehicles), necessitating the use of NOx control technology like SCR.
Table 9 and Table 10 show limits and implementation dates for each of the standards.
SCR technology and AdBlue® for NOx reduction is now more common than ever in several types of non-road applications,
- Tractors and Combine Harvesters
- Loading Shovels and Dump Trucks
- Static Plant
- Mobile cranes
- Static Engines used in Power Generation
- Harbours and Airports
In 2008 Banner Chemicals Group started producing AdBlue® and we now have a large portfolio of Customers who rely on CleanAirBlue® AdBlue®, to provide them with quality AdBlue® together with innovative dispensing equipment and service that is second to none.
Where can I buy CleanAirBlue® AdBlue® in the UK & Ireland?
CleanAirBlue® AdBlue® is available either directly from the Banner Chemicals Group or from one of our many authorised distributors in the UK & Ireland.
Whatever your requirements, we can supply you with the ideal package to suit your business.
From 10 litre emergency cans to bulk delivery by our dedicated tanker fleet straight into your AdBlue® tank.
Contact the CleanAirBlue® team and we will be pleased to discuss your requirements and help you make the right choice according to your needs.
We offer AdBlue® in:
- 1.5 litre Bottle with auto shut off nozzle
- 10 litre Cans c/w integrated spout
- 20 litre Cans c/w integrated spout
- 210 litre Drums
- 1000 litre dual dispense IBC’s
- Bulk by dedicated metered tanker
We also offer bespoke equipment and storage tanks.